Placing an Obituary
We welcome obituaries in both of our newspapers, the Putnam County Courier and the Putnam County News and Recorder.
The Courier covers Carmel, Kent, Mahopac, Brewster, Southeast and Patterson, essentially the eastern half of Putnam County. The PCNR covers western Putnam, especially Cold Spring, Garrison, Continental Village and Putnam Valley.
The process is as easy as possible in this difficult time:
1. Send all materials to editor Douglas Cunningham, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Send the text of the obituary as plain text in the email or as a Word document attachment. Most obituaries are 175 to 400 words.
3. Send photographs as a separate JPEG attachment.
4. Include your contact information for billing. There is a one-time charge of $125. We invoice electronically and payment can be made easily online. All obituaries appear in both the online and print editions.
5. If you have questions, just email or call us. Our phone during business hours is 845-265-2468, and after-hours is 845-522-6144.